Swiis Foster Care Scotland are proud award winners, having been crowned SME winner in the Value for Money category at the Scotland Excel Supplier Excellence Awards.
We were one of twelve businesses lucky enough to win an award at the event in Glasgow’s Radisson Blu Hotel on 20 February. The event was hosted by Dougie Vipond, and opened by Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and the Constitution.
These awards recognise the achievements of local government suppliers, and we were recognised as a supplier on the Scotland Excel Fostering and Continuing Care Services contract. This enables local authorities to purchase fostering placements and continuing care placements from independent and voluntary providers as a supplement to their internal provision.
Our Value for Money award recognises that we achieve the best possible outcomes for children, while providing value for money and innovative solutions. The award shows that we listen to our young people and actively seek feedback from other key stakeholders, which we use to develop and improve placement options.
Sam Arnott, Director of Swiis Foster Care Scotland, said: “Thank you very much to Scotland Excel for developing these awards and to all the judges for taking the time out of their schedules to review all the nominations. Achieving this accolade is a testimony to us listening to and working productively with our local authority purchasers combined with the dedication, passion and commitment that our staff, foster carers and panel members consistently demonstrate in ensuring that Getting it Right for Every Child is central to all of our service developments. Being recognised and selected by such esteemed judges as the SME supplier providing the best Value for Money is both humbling and inspiring. We look forward to celebrating this achievement as part of our Swiis 30th anniversary celebrations.”
Fife’s Councillor Altany Craik, who sits on Scotland Excel’s Executive Sub-Committee, said: “Our suppliers play a vital role in supporting delivery of essential public services, and it is right and fitting that we recognise those that go the extra mile.
“Winning a Supplier Excellence Awards is a real accolade for the business community, as it’s the only awards programme in the country to recognise the achievements of local government suppliers. Competition was tough, and our expert judging panel had its work cut out.
“My congratulations go to Swiis Foster Care Scotland for their good work and well-deserved success in these prestigious awards.”
Our submission for the awards highlighted:
- How we have evolved our model of service delivery to include the provision of ‘standard’ placements that are very well supported
- How we have worked with our LA purchasers to secure win:win outcomes when negotiating the novation of the contractual basis of placements to the new SXL Framework
- The improved outcomes that have been achieved e.g. all of our school leavers are in positive destinations and 93% of them achieved level 5 or higher exam grades
- We had achieved Investors in People at Gold level and Investors in Young People
- Examples (drawn from each team) of innovative practices ranging from 1:1 issue based interventions to group-work undertaken with children who are looked after, CWF and with carers
- The range of developmental opportunities available including the accredited Awards
- Our commitment to GIRFEC and to continuous improvement
A huge well done to everyone at Swiis Foster Care Scotland for their fantastic win!
If this has inspired you to foster, please get in contact with us by sending us an enquiry, or by phoning us on 0333 240 9049.